Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26: Milo and the Bull

Well, it seems like half a lifetime ago, but this is how I used to get from the minivan to the house back in the States. The boys were about 6 months old and Asia was 2. Brian always told me I shouldn't stop. He always brought up Milo and the Bull.

For the two of you who don't remember, Milo was a famous Greek wrestler in the ancient Olympics. Brian says that most historians believe he actually lived. Anyway, to train for the Olympics, he would get a young calf. Every day, he would lift it. Until finally, he was carrying around a full-grown bull. And yes, he won the laurels.
So, I kept on carrying my little bulls (and heifers) This is  with two 2.5 year old boys and our 8-month old Skye-- back when we lived in Manila...
Here comes the thankful part: they're 5 years old, and I can still pick up both my boys! Thanks for the tip, Milo.
And, if Skye holds on tight, I can add her into the mix too. Thank God I can still carry my kids, and thank God that they still will want me to! Actually before we took pictures, they were fighting over who I was going to carry. 

It won't be long before a request for a hug will get an "Aaaww, mom...."  I'm gonna enjoy it as long as I can. 

Today, we are thankful for the ancient Olympic example of Milo and his Bull.

Now if I can just figure out how to pick up all four kids at the same time...

No comments: