Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11: Hotdogs/Hotdog Buns

5 hotdogs...

7 hotdogs....

Ok...So, you know how hotdogs always end up coming in packs of 5 or 7 or some such nonsense...

But the buns...they always come in packs of 8.  Seriously...it always weirds me out...and frankly...kind of irritates little old OCD me.  haha...

Why is this so? Well, quoting George Banks here in Father of the Bride: "Because some big shot from the hotdog company got together with some big shot from the bun company, and decided to rip off the American public!"

Well, it's not just the American public. This hotdog/bun conspiracy occurs all over the entire meat/bread eating world.

Well, today I bought hotdogs and buns...  Which is really rare...actually, I think was only the 2nd or maybe 3rd time that I've bought hotdogs since arriving in the Philippines over 4 years ago.  I am not a fan of hotdogs and really since my kids don't know any better...I just don't feed them hotdogs.  haha

Ok...well, there really is a point to this....Today, my hotdogs came in a pack of 6.   And guess what...my buns came in a...drum roll. Pack of 6.  I'm really bummed that I failed to take a picture of this...but let's just say...It made my little old OCD heart smile.

So, today...I'm thankful for hotdogs and hotdog buns that came in equal packages...  Because, frankly, people...sometimes...It's all about the little things.

2 comments:

Dina Kowal said...

FRANK-ly..... ha!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone in my annoyance with the lack of communication between the hotdog and hotdog bun manufacturers all over the world. :-)