Friday, September 27, 2013

Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola

I love granola. But there's a tiny problem. Granola has a not-so-well kept secret. It tastes awesome, looks healthy, and makes a great breakfast or snack...

But granola has got calories. LOTS of 'em. and often, they're not always the unsaturated fat variety. 1 cup often has about 600 calories and close to 30 grams of fat.

This granola, on the other hand, still has high calories, but none of the butter or added oil that you see in that boughten stuff.

To make it even better for you, when I eat it I usually split it half-n-half with uncooked old-fashioned oats, and add fruit and unsweetened homemade yogurt. Sort of my own brand of muesli. Tastes great, and it's actually good for you too.

Thanks go to my awesome wife for making this for me...I was just the taste tester. Hmm...I think I better go check and see if my first and second and third impressions are still correct...

Try it for yourself and see if you agree!

Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola
1/2 cup peanut butter(I use Crunchy)
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups of old fashioned oats
Heat peanut butter and honey.  Stir the cinnamon & vanilla into the PB & honey mixture.  Pour this over the oats and make sure it is all coated well.  Spread out on a cookie sheet or in a roasting pan and bake it @ 350 degrees until it is lightly browned...stirring frequently.

Enjoy.

No comments: