Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 8: America

The election is over and I am not even going to discuss politics....there have been enough Facebook posts on politics over the last three months to last a lifetime.

Regardless of what side of the aisle you live on...if you are an American, you should be (and I am) thankful that in the midst of one of the most divisive elections in history, Facebook was as crazy as it got for most people.

My wife and I are long-time expats...we've spent half or more of our lives overseas.

I lived for short while in a coutry where the same strongman had been in power for two decades, and he has now been in power for three decades.

I grew up in a country that once had 7 coup attempts in 2 years. I know there are Americans right now that are upset, but very few of them are planning to take down the government any time soon.

I am thankful today that even when I am not proud of what my country is doing, I am still proud to be an American.

Our passports don't come from a perfect country, but that does not stop us from teaching our two-year old the Pledge of Allegiance.

No comments: