Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25: Milo 10-K Triumph!

Today, I ran my very first 10K...part of the Milo Marathon series...
If you had asked me 6 months ago if I thought I could do it...the answer would have been unequivocally "NO"!  Actually, before I started this morning that would have been my answer too. haha
But I did it...I finished and I ran every step of the way.  I had fantastic running partners...Dra. Briones and Ninyo...a friend and our trainer from Muay Thai.

All smiles...getting ready this morning for 10 kilometers of running fun. (mostly fun)
After the race with some of my Muay Thai friends.

The doctora, our Muay Thai trainer, and me after our 10-K triumph! :) We ran every step of the way, even while the doctora was answering phone calls from the hospital!
By the way...we represent 3 decades...20s, 30s and 40s. 

And, where else would you celebrate your first ever 10-K?
 
So, today...I'm super thankful that I was able to finish the Milo 10k. 
Thank you, God...for allowing my body to hold up.
 
Pictures stolen from Ninyo.  :)



2 comments:

tiegster said...

Did you get some Yellow Cab Pizza too? Because that's what I would do...

So proud of you!

The Røsviks said...

I am so impressed!!!! I can't imagine running 10 km...I'd be lucky to run for 1/2 km, and I doubt I'd make it that far without collapsing!