Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Johnson

For those of you who haven't figured it out, Johnson is our last name. Second most common name in America, after Smith I believe. But what we lack in originality when it comes to a name, we try to make up for in the way we live. Usually.
 This adorable young man is me. Little did I know that I would be changing hemispheres soon, and never have to wear long pants and a jacket to stay warm again. (unless we went to Baguio in the mountains of the Philippines, or home on furlough.)
 My family moved to the Philippines as missionaries in 1980, and my brother Kevin and I grew up on a South China Sea island paradise. Complete with coconut trees, mangos, and an airstrip for a front yard. Oh, I also liked to hunt as a child. That's a monitor lizard that was eating all of our chickens.

He also, tasted sort of like chicken.
 Here's me and my bro with my folks and my grandparents. My Grandpa is a veteran from WWII. The first time he went to the Philippines was shortly after the war ended.

They also visited us a couple of times in the Philippines. My Grandma passed away in 2010. But my Grandpa is doing well. He just got remarried! I'm so happy for him!

Here's my Grandpa with his bride!
 This is my bro Kevin and his wife Renee-- they live in California and they got married about a month before Brooke and I did. .
 And, this is their son Maddox. Can't believe I still haven't met my only nephew!
And, my folks. They are living in Minnesota now, and have been pastoring Opstead Baptist Church for...is it 17 years now? That's a loong time.

That's my family of origin. Love you all!

No comments: